Due to the low salaries of many professionals in Egypt, many people depend on tips, or baksheesh as it is called in Egypt, as a major part of their income. Therefore, tipping is considered customary in Egypt.
Articles in this section
- What should I pack for my trip to Egypt?
- What are the best months to travel to Egypt?
- Are any vaccinations required for travel in Egypt?
- Do I need a Visa for entry into Egypt?
- Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
- What is considered appropriate attire for women traveling in Egypt?
- What voltage is used in Egypt?
- Can you purchase alcohol in Egypt?
- Is it common practice to give tips in Egypt?
- Will I be able to easily exchange Dollars, Euros, British Pounds or other currencies in Egypt?