Standard voltage is 220 volts. Primary sockets require the European, 2 pronged variety. We recommend that you pack a universal travel adaptor. You will need a voltage converter, and plug adaptor in order to use U.S. appliances.
Articles in this section
- What should I pack for my trip to Egypt?
- What are the best months to travel to Egypt?
- Are any vaccinations required for travel in Egypt?
- Do I need a Visa for entry into Egypt?
- Is it safe to travel to Egypt?
- What is considered appropriate attire for women traveling in Egypt?
- What voltage is used in Egypt?
- Can you purchase alcohol in Egypt?
- Is it common practice to give tips in Egypt?
- Will I be able to easily exchange Dollars, Euros, British Pounds or other currencies in Egypt?